This item has been shown 0 times.
- 311 Pages
- Black and White
- Part of the Haynes Repair Manual Series
- This manual is intended for vehicles built to North American, USA and Canada specifications with a gasoline/petrol engine unless diesel is specifically mentioned. Whilst many details are useful for the same make and model of car built for other markets, such vehicles may have different features, especially in areas concerned with safety and emission control.
Toyota Land Cruiser 1968 to 1982 (North American, USA and Canada Models)
The clear, step-by-step illustrated instructions cover the dismantling, inspection, repair and refitting of the engine, cooling system, fuel and emission control systems, exhaust, ignition system, clutch, manual gearbox, propeller shaft or drive shafts, braking system, electrical system, suspension, steering, bodywork and fittings. Routine maintenance, complete specifications and detailed fault diagnosis procedures are also included. For rear axle differential units and automatic transmissions (where applicable) the removal, refitting and fault diagnosis procedures only are covered.
Saving you money from start to finish this manual is based on a complete strip and rebuild. Whether you just want to change your oil or replace your plugs, or change your clutch or rebuild your gearbox, this Haynes manual will show you how, and can help you save pounds on servicing and repair bills.
A Haynes manual can help you stretch your motoring budget that little bit further in other ways too. Regular maintenance and servicing will mean your car is safer to drive whilst giving you more of those precious mpg. What’s more, a car that is well looked after will hold its price better and last a lot longer!
Models covered by this manual:
- Series FJ40
- Series FJ43
- Series FJ45
- Series FJ55
- Petrol Engines (236.7 cu in (3878 cc) or 258 cu in (4230 cc)
- 1968 to 1982
Using clear, step-by-step illustrated instructions this manual covers routine maintenance, tune-up procedures, engine repair, cooling, heating and air conditioning systems fuel and exhaust, emissions control, ignition, brakes, suspension and steering, and electrical systems where applicable. Wiring diagrams are also provided.
- Step-by-step procedures linked to hundreds of easy-to-follow photos and illustrations
- Complete troubleshooting section helps identify specific car problems
- Written from hands-on experience based on a vehicle teardown using commonly available tools
- Haynes tips give valuable short cuts to make the job easier and eliminate the need for special tools
- Notes, Cautions and Warnings for the home mechanic
- Color spark plug diagnosis
- Easy to use index
Table of Contents
- Introductory Pages
About this Manual |
Vehicle Identification Numbers |
Buying Parts |
Jacking and Towing |
Booster Battery (jump) starting |
Conversion Factors |
Safety First! |
Tools and Working Facilities |
- Cooling Systems
- Fuel, Exhaust and Emission Control Systems
- Ignition Systems
- Transmission, Transfer Gear, Power Take-off and Winch
- Propellar Shaft
- Rear Axle and Suspension
- Front Axle, Front Suspension and Steering
- Brakes, Wheels and Tires
- Electrical Systems
- Bodywork & Chassis
- Supplement: Revisions and Information on 1978 – 1982 Models
- General Repair Procedures
Payment MethodsPaypalCredit Card