This item has been shown 9 times.
- 338 Pages
- Black and White
- Part of the Haynes Repair Manual Series
- This manual is intended for vehicles built to North American, USA and Canada specifications with a gasoline/petrol engine unless diesel is specifically mentioned. Whilst many details are useful for the same make and model of car built for other markets, such vehicles may have different features, especially in areas concerned with safety and emission control.
Pontiac Firebird 1970 to 1981 (North American, USA and Canada Models)
The clear, step-by-step illustrated instructions cover the dismantling, inspection, repair and refitting of the engine, cooling system, fuel and emission control systems, exhaust, ignition system, clutch, manual gearbox, propeller shaft or drive shafts, braking system, electrical system, suspension, steering, bodywork and fittings. Routine maintenance, complete specifications and detailed fault diagnosis procedures are also included. For rear axle differential units and automatic transmissions (where applicable) the removal, refitting and fault diagnosis procedures only are covered.
Saving you money from start to finish this manual is based on a complete strip and rebuild. Whether you just want to change your oil or replace your plugs, or change your clutch or rebuild your gearbox, this Haynes manual will show you how, and can help you save pounds on servicing and repair bills.
A Haynes manual can help you stretch your motoring budget that little bit further in other ways too. Regular maintenance and servicing will mean your car is safer to drive whilst giving you more of those precious mpg. What’s more, a car that is well looked after will hold its price better and last a lot longer!
Pontiac models covered by this manual:
- Esprit models
- 1970 to 1981
V8 engines covered by this manual:
- 265 cu in
- 301 cu in
- 305 cu in
- 350 cu in
- 400 cu in
- 403 cu in
- 455 cu in
Does NOT include information specific to turbocharged engines.
Using clear, step-by-step illustrated instructions this manual covers routine maintenance, tune-up procedures, engine repair, cooling, heating and air conditioning systems fuel and exhaust, emissions control, ignition, brakes, suspension and steering, and electrical systems where applicable. Wiring diagrams are also provided.
- Step-by-step procedures linked to hundreds of easy-to-follow photos and illustrations
- Complete troubleshooting section helps identify specific car problems
- Written from hands-on experience based on a vehicle teardown using commonly available tools
- Haynes tips give valuable short cuts to make the job easier and eliminate the need for special tools
- Notes, Cautions and Warnings for the home mechanic
- Color spark plug diagnosis
- Easy to use index
Table of Contents
- Introductory Pages
About this Manual |
Vehicle Identification Numbers |
Maintenance Techniques, Tools and Working Facilities |
Buying Parts |
Jacking and Towing |
Booster Battery (jump) starting |
Automotive Chemicals and Lubricants |
Conversion Factors |
Safety First! |
- Tune-up and routine maintenance
- V8 Engines
- General engine overhaul procedures
- Cooling systems
- Fuel and exhaust systems
- Engine electrical systems
- Emissions control systems
- Manual & Automatic Transmission
- Clutch & Driveline
- Chassis electrical system
- Wiring Diagrams
Payment MethodsPaypalCredit Card