This item has been shown 4 times.
- 199 Pages
- Black and White
- Part of the Haynes Repair Manual Series
- This manual is intended for vehicles built to North American, USA and Canada specifications with a gasoline/petrol engine unless diesel is specifically mentioned. Whilst many details are useful for the same make and model of car built for other markets, such vehicles may have different features, especially in areas concerned with safety and emission control.
Fiat 124 Sport Coupe and Spider 1968 to 1978 (North American, USA and Canada Models)
The clear, step-by-step illustrated instructions cover the dismantling, inspection, repair and refitting of the engine, cooling system, fuel and emission control systems, exhaust, ignition system, clutch, manual gearbox, propeller shaft or drive shafts, braking system, electrical system, suspension, steering, bodywork and fittings. Routine maintenance, complete specifications and detailed fault diagnosis procedures are also included. For rear axle differential units and automatic transmissions (where applicable) the removal, refitting and fault diagnosis procedures only are covered.
Saving you money from start to finish this manual is based on a complete strip and rebuild. Whether you just want to change your oil or replace your plugs, or change your clutch or rebuild your gearbox, this Haynes manual will show you how, and can help you save pounds on servicing and repair bills.
A Haynes manual can help you stretch your motoring budget that little bit further in other ways too. Regular maintenance and servicing will mean your car is safer to drive whilst giving you more of those precious mpg. What’s more, a car that is well looked after will hold its price better and last a lot longer!
Fiat 124 Sport Coupe and Spider
Models with Engines:
- 87.8 cu in (1438cc)
- 97.2 cu in (1592cc)
- 98.1 cu in (1608cc)
- 107 cu in (1756cc)
Note this manual covers 4- and 5-speed manual transmission versions of the above engines. This manual does NOT cover the FIAT 124 Special Sedan models.
Using clear, step-by-step illustrated instructions this manual covers routine maintenance, tune-up procedures, engine repair, cooling, heating and air conditioning systems fuel and exhaust, emissions control, ignition, brakes, suspension and steering, and electrical systems where applicable. Wiring diagrams are also provided.
- Step-by-step procedures linked to hundreds of easy-to-follow photos and illustrations
- Complete troubleshooting section helps identify specific car problems
- Written from hands-on experience based on a vehicle teardown using commonly available tools
- Haynes tips give valuable short cuts to make the job easier and eliminate the need for special tools
- Notes, Cautions and Warnings for the home mechanic
- Color spark plug diagnosis
- Easy to use index
Table of Contents
- Modifications to the FIAT 124 Sport
- Buying Spare Parts and Vehicle Identification Numbers
- Routine Maintenance
- Lubrication Chart
- Recommended Lubricants and Fluids
- Safety First!
- Cooling System
- Fuel System and Carburation
- Ignition System
- Propeller Shaft and Universal Joints
- Rear Axle
- Braking System
- Electrical System
- Suspension and Steering
- Bodywork and Heater
- General Repair Procedures
- Conversion Factors
Payment MethodsPaypalCredit Card